Cranberry Dental Studio is proud to offer dentures crafted by Tom Panei. Tom is a Certified Dental Technician and artist specializing in the creation of customized, great fitting and artistically sculpted dentures.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a removable solution to tooth loss. They are ideal for individuals who are missing more than a few teeth. They are typically made of resin or porcelain materials, crafted to mimic the appearance of natural teeth. The device is inserted into the mouth in the morning and removed before sleeping at night.
At Cranberry Dental Studio, we offer the following types of denture services:
Complete or Full Dentures
What are the Benefits of Dentures?
Dentures have both health and cosmetic benefits. You will enjoy these advantages:
- Protect your smile’s health: When teeth are missing, the remaining teeth shift into the empty spaces. This leads to crooked teeth that are harder to clean. Ultimately, this can lead to decay and periodontal disease. Dentures prevent this by filling the spaces left by tooth loss.
- Improve everyday functionality: Dentures make it easier for patients with missing teeth to chew the foods they love and speak clearly.
- Boost confidence: Missing teeth can cause a lack of confidence. Substantial tooth loss may cause a “sagging” appearance in the face, as the jaw and cheeks cave in without underlying support. Dentures redress this.
If you are only missing a single tooth or a few adjacent teeth, dental implants might be a more suitable option to address your tooth loss. Cranberry Dental Studio also offers dental implant options as a restorative dentistry alternative.
What to Expect from Our Denture Procedure
This is what you can expect when you get dentures with us:
- Consultation: We will do a visual and manual examination of your teeth and gums to confirm that dentures are the suitable choice to address your tooth loss. Sufficient healthy gum tissue is needed to support them.
- Denture impression: We will create an impression of your gums, which will be used to create a mold. The dentures are then crafted to fit exactly your mouth, reflecting every ridge and groove of your gums.
- Test fitting: The model is tested, checking for size and fit. The device should sit snugly in place for maximum stability. We also confirm that you’re happy with the color and look of the prosthesis.
Turnaround Time & Cost
Since the models are custom-made, this entire process can take a couple of weeks. The price depends on whether you require a complete, partial, or implant-supported model. Before starting any restorative dentistry procedure, we provide you with a detailed cost estimate based on your precise needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dentures
You may opt to use dental adhesives to secure dentures that aren’t held in place by implants more firmly. Adhesives come in various forms, including powders, creams, strips, and liquids.
For the most part, yes. Particularly hard or sticky foods (like caramel) should be avoided, however, as they may dislodge the prosthesis. Chewing gum is also not advisable.
The prosthesis will feel strange at first, but you will get used to the sensation with time. You may also notice that your saliva flow increases when you first start wearing the device. This will also subside.
You should also clean your gums using a soft-bristled toothbrush. This removes plaque, which can cause oral health issues like gum disease and cavities.
Remove them at night and gently brush their surface with a toothbrush. Special cleansing soaks are available for overnight storage. This keeps them from drying out.
No. If needed (for example, if you are getting an implant-supported model), we will perform the procedure with anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. The day-to-day removal and insertion should be painless. In case of soreness or discomfort, a refitting may be needed.
State-of-the-Art Restorative Dentistry at Cranberry Dental Studio in Pittsburgh, PA
If you want to know more about dentures and whether they’re the right solution to replace missing teeth, Cranberry Dental Studio of Pittsburgh, PA will be happy to help. Thanks to our years of experience, we can help you decide which type of denture is right for you. With a customized patient treatment plan, we will improve your overall oral health and give you a smile you can be proud of.
We offer prostheses crafted by Tom Panei. Tom is a Certified Dental Technician and craftsman, specializing in the creation of customized full and partial models. His products don’t just fit great, they look great too.
Schedule a free personal consultation online or please call us at (724) 776-2280.